Mastering the Way
Achieving Success in Martial Arts Training
Lessons for Life that Last a Lifetime
“ After being promoted to Shodan, my training began to stagnate and I couldn’t understand why. I had achieved my goal and was more than ready to start black belt training. But soon afterward, frustration set in. I thought I was supposed to have it all figured out and I didn’t. It was only after reading through “Mastering the Way” that I realized I had stopped progressing because I hadn’t stopped to ask myself what I wanted out of my training, or what my new goals were. After all, I had reached my destination, what else was left? Through Dr. Mottern's workbook, I was able to figure out what it was I wanted from my training and I was able to set realistic and attainable goals for myself. Now my training has improved both mentally and physically. I highly recommend this reading, regardless of your martial arts training style or level." ~ Jayetta R., Knoxville, TN
"Thank you Dr. Mottern. I am right on target with my challange and it has been a great blessing. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for the Mastering The Way Seminar." ~ David W., Austin, TX
The Mastering the Way: Achieving Success in Martial Arts Training program is designed to teach students how to succeed in martial arts—and in life - using proven methods:
· The Procedures that Lead to Change (PLC) - Steps that help students move through the stages of change and into action, identifying and achieving goals , and building self-esteem through goal fulfillment
· SAMIC action planning - Teaches students how to plan realistic and achievable goals, ensuring success and building confidence in their ability to meet and overcome challenges
· 7 Caring Habits - Habits that develop healthy relationships in the dojo, in the classroom and in life.
The MASTERING THE WAY program:
· Promotes student retention
· Facilitates student success
· Helps students move through the stages of change
· Teaches skills that can be used in all facets of life and throughout a lifetime
· Provides a unique growth opportunity
· Teaches healthy relationship skills
· Can be shared by both students and parents
Student characteristics - The Mastering the Way program is designed for adults and young adult (youngest age for young adult is 12 yo). If you would like to have a class specifically for children, please let us know and we can teach the same lessons on a different learning level.
If you like would like to use this program in a corporate setting, we can design a format suitable for your population and your field.
Price for instructors - Instructors pay nothing for the service. Instructors refer students to the program and reap the rewards of successful students.
Price for students - The price for students will vary according to the class size. Generally, the smallest class is 10 students. Remember that parents of young adult students are encouraged to attend the classes with their children. Call us for pricing, at 512-913-0168.
Trainings, Certification classes and Train the Trainer classes are available!!!
For more information on Mastering the Way, call us at 512-913-0168, or email us.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A sound mind in a sound body